“…………… many many people that I have never met, but have amused, inspired, advised and empathised with me over the last year or two via my blog.
Graham of A year in Perigord has kindly nominated me for a “Liebster” award.
This is awarded by bloggers to bloggers as recognition of this thing we all do, so thank you Graham, we will have that dinner date one day. We may even let Trevor and Damon come along!
NOTE*I know that receiving one of these “nominations” isn’t always appreciated in the blogosphere , so if I have offended anyone out there with my nominations, I’m sorry; but once I got over my initial reservations I really enjoyed doing this and setting my questions was fun !
The best thing about it is that some of my followers have found great new blogs to follow via this and that’s a very positive thing.
My part in this as a nominee is to answer 11 questions,with a notably French theme, posed by my nominator (is that actually a word?) and then to nominate 11 favourite bloggers (with under 200 followers ) who I think also deserve a Liebster award and give a little picture of why I think you might want to swing by their blogs sometime.
Here are MY nominees, they have all cheered me up one way or another this grey autumn so here we go
(Links via my blog rolls “Some blogs I like” and “Even more great blogs” see right)
French country (bizzyella) a very astute lady architect restoring a beautiful Beaux-Arts house in the Vendee whilst retaining her rapier wit and sense of proportion against all odds
Wherever you go there you are musing on expat life and striking a real chord with those of us who are braving life in an another country (also expert balcony gardener and purveyer of fine range cookers!)
lapetitemaisonbijoux creating beautiful hand crafted jewellery in a little house in a French wood!
osyth writer, adventurer and fellow fan of village life in La France Profonde
myfrenchhaven blog diary about creating a B&B in France with entertaining musical sub-titles
Lechicenrose Traveller, Francophile, and a lovely, positive soul
ourlittlehouseinfrance French home owner and eclectic blogger
vanishingpirates struggling manfully with the four “D’s”(digging, drilling, dust and dirt) and making a little music in deepest Belgium
notewords music teacher, writer and keeping tatting alive as an art form whilst being nibbled to death by ducks………..
Eugenie Street homemaker and serial renovator, creating beautiful interiors
The French Medley French home-makers blog-with full instructions
If any of you above have more than 200 followers, apologies, but I cannot always work that out!
*Here are the guidelines if any of you would like to accept a “Liebster” award :
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog to your post
- Answer 11 questions they have asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have 200 followers or fewer for the award
- Ask 11 questions of those bloggers
- Let your nominees know you nominated them
- Add the Liebster Award logo to your blog
Guys! it’s COMPLETELY optional – but I have had good fun with my nominations & questions- If you do decide to give it a go, here are my questions for you :-
1. What is the best thing about blogging, for you?
2. Do you ever read your old posts and cringe? (no, that’s just me then..)
3. If money was no object, where would you live and why?
4. What book can you read over and over again and still love it?
5. What was the best piece of advice anyone ever gave you? and
6. Did you follow it?
7. What was your favourite lesson at school
8. Who is your best friend?
9. What is the best gift you ever received?
10. Coast or Country?
11. Now or later?
RIGHT! WHAT ABOUT THOSE QUESTIONS?
This is the heavily French-loaded set of devilishly incisive questions put to me by Mr Year In Perigord:-
- What inspired you to blog?
My son, so blame him
- How much time do you spend on your blog?
Too much, when I should really be earning a living
- Where do you write your blog posts?
At my office desk (where I should really be earning a living)
- Where did you go on your first holiday abroad without your parents?
France, bien sûr!
- Share a mistake you remember making when trying to speak a foreign language.
OMG, which one?? How about using the verb “introduire” when introducing my son-in-law to a neighbour, not realising at that time that particular verb means “introducing” in the sense of “inserting”
- What’s your favourite French film of all time, and why?
Jacques Tati- Mon Oncle- too silly for words
- If you could spend an hour with any French person – real or fictional, past or present – who would it be?
Jacques De Molay, “Last” Grand master of the Knights Templar , so I can ask him about the facts behind the fiction
- Do you have a favourite drink you like to relax with at the end of a hard day?
Old vines Carignan red wine from the foothills of the Pyrenees in the sun-baked Languedoc “steeped in history and bathed in class” ( perfect quote from https://www.virginwines.co.uk/wines )
Both, and to hell with the diet
- If you were going to eat your last-ever meal tonight, what would you have?
Scallops, wild mushrooms, crispy airdried ham, cherry tomatoes and freshly made pasta tossed in home made pistou
- If you were president of France for a day, what would you change?
I would reduce tax & social charges to give both native French businesses and overseas investment a sorely needed boost