Further news on the wet room

Back on the ground floor wet room project again.

We had a slightly anxious night waiting for the floor grout to go off, not only because it did not look anything like the carefully chosen grey shade on the packet but, also, we had one tile right by the shower drain that was rocking slightly.

Obviously an air pocket in the adhesive, but Justin was so careful to get the floor perfect, not least when there has to be a teeny slope off in order to drain the shower.

Grout has dried the correct shade and applying a looser mix to flow under the problem tile has fixed it.

All stable and looking good now

About coteetcampagne

Artist, period home maker, renovator, restorer, Francophile. My mission is to save the old stuff, one beautiful piece at a time
This entry was posted in Renovation and restoration diary- France, What we did, how we did it and what we used and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Further news on the wet room

  1. Ellen A. says:

    Always something! Luckily, these blips worked out for you. Nearly done and ready for use soon, I expect. Hurrah!

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.