After a summer of stasis when nothing got done around the French house, we have finally started to address the final work.
Everything stopped for a number of reasons: Trev’s new French doctor put him back on a drug cocktail that renders him exhausted and grumpy and my new creative project became all consuming over the last few weeks.
I have always been happy to talk about most things house related on this blog, and that will continue, but I have been forced, by circumstances, to rein in some of my other subject matter, sadly.
Anyway, back to the hovel for a long overdue update.
A couple of weeks ago, chance and fate and serendipity sent us the help we need to get back on track on the village house project
After over twelve months of trying to pin down our French builder and plumber and getting precisely nowhere I have drawn the line and moved on. Procrastination is so easy to perpetuate, but enough is enough.
Our new guy has a broad skill set, is sympathetic to quirky old houses, isn’t trying to talk us into uneccessary extra work and keeps a straight face when I ask for something outside the box.
The very first thing he did was take off most of the grotty external pipework we have put up with for 12 years. Back tomorrow with longer ladders to finish, fill the holes and install my woodburner.
When he makes the inevitable mess the work entails, he not only covers up before and sweeps up after, but he vacuums too.
Cross those fingers and toes